upgrade to RPro

• Hi All!
    Presently in our small team, 5 users we are about to upgrade from David fx Pro to David R Pro.
    I generally manage most of IT but here some dumb questions Sorry :)

Upgrade! i copied the Vhd file from Tobit, extracted all to server (where present tobit is windows server 2008)
    I have run the install.exe on the server and upgraded all that Tobit required, and it seems I am now at the last step

SQL database install
    The program asks "to install new SQL database or use one that is available"

as we have been using Tobit fx for some years, I am thinking all our mails are in the present SQL database?
    and i like to be able to access them with R Pro.

seems I have to enter the Path to old SQL DB? where do i find the old DB and how should path be written??

Any help greatly appreciated, I can build ships, but IT sometimes requires more

Many thanks
    Ian Thompson

• Hi Ian

there is no data stored in the sql database. david's data structure is only file-based.
    The sql database stores temporarly data for the fulltext index search and the teamboards (chat data).

Therefor you can install a new sql server.
    In your old david version the database isn't in use at all.

I think in future rollouts there will be stored more data in the database, so be aware at the next upgrade or server migration. ;)

Regards
    Jens

Es wäre schön, Deinen Vornamen zu kennen. Bitte beachte unsere Forenregeln und die Netiquette.

----------

Bitte teilen/weitersagen: STARFACE Module Databasewww.sfm-db.com

STARFACE Excellence PartnerSTARFACE Module CreatorTobit.Software Authorized Partner (Mailserver/Unified Messaging)work4all! Solution Partner (CRM/ERP)Securepoint Professional Partner (Firewall/UTM)

1 Qubit - J.Suingwww.1qubit.deSoftware - Service - Coding

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!